Canvas LMS is a learning management system that brings educational revolution to your school. It features Canvas data, Canvas commons, SpeedGrader annotations, graphics analytics reporting engine, integrated media recorder, outcomes, automated tasks, notification preferences, user-customizable navigation, and more. It can help to engage students with robust course notifications, profile, audio and video messages, and more.
Top Canvas LMS Alternatives
- Google Classroom
- NEO LMS
- Cornerstone OnDemand
Top Canvas LMS Alternatives and Overview
Kahoot! is a gamification application that supports corporate coaches and instructors to create intuitive introductions, training material, and learning games.
Edmodo allows you to create a digital classroom to connect and collaborate with students and parents.
Showbie is a learning management system that makes learning comfortable. It allows...
Neo LMS is a simple and powerful learning management sof tware designed for schools and universities.
NEOGOV is a comprehensive human resource software product that presents various tools of HR utilities like recruitment, onboarding, assessment, and many more.
TalentLMS is a cloud-based learning management solution designed specifically for usability and easy course creation.
Instructure is an online learning management software that helps to boost the education quality for various organizations, including higher education, K-12, business, and big business.
Docebo is a SaaS cloud learning management system for companies, which helps your employees to learn faster.
Solid Professor is a site that gives you access to more than 5,000 tutorials for engineering from experts.
Cornerstone OnDemand is a talent, performance, and learning management software that provides cloud-based applications.
MindTap is an education management tool meant to help tutors as well as students to make learning smart, efficient, and interactive.
Courseware is a unique learning platform that doesn't aim to replace teachers, but to aid teachers in improving their teaching and the class's learning performance using specialized digital tools.
Canvas LMS Review and Overview
Canvas LMS is an online cloud-based learning platform developed for K-12 and Higher Education. Providing useful assessment tools to teachers, as well as students, it results in better learning and teaching management.
Canvas LMS for K-12 and Higher Education
K12 is the education age where children explore different fields and require the right guidance regarding what they want to pursue later in life. This task becomes easier if children learn diverse topics in an organized and interactive way, and if teachers can have access to each student’s data easily.
Higher Ed is the area of education where learning needs to be concentrated and effective so that students of today go on to achieve their dreams by learning the required skills productively.
Canvas LMS packs numerous features to make learning better. Some of these are –
- Connects seamlessly to other education platforms such as Google Learning and Office 365.
- Audio and Video messages and instructions make students feel more connected.
- Multimedia Integration provides the facility to attach image, video, audio, or text file at every learning point, which makes students pay emphasis on essential areas.
- Mobile access from iOS and Android phones provides learning at one’s own place, time, and comfort.
- MagicMarker lets teachers track students’ performance and take actions accordingly.
- Quiz Stats allows students to analyze and work upon their work skills in questions of specific topics.
- Automated high speed and easy course management makes the process of course route hassle-free for teachers.
- SpeedGrader is a feature that saves teachers’ time and effort by grading the assignments in half the usual time teachers require.
- Badges motivate students to enhance their performance further as they act like a reward for learning, attendance, behavior, and participation.
Other Features and Conclusion
Along with the features as mentioned above, Canvas LMS also allows Open API and LTI Integrations to provide more tools and integrate the whole IT ecosystem. With all the necessary tools to make learning productive, Canvas LMS has rightly taken the top spot in being the choice of Top schools and universities, which include – the University of Utah, University of Central Florida, Oregon State Universities, and Rutgers.
Company Name: Instructure, Inc
Company Address: 6330 S 3000 E, Salt Lake, USA
Founded in: 2008
- Canvas Data
- Canvas Commons
- Speedgrader Annotations
- Audio & Video Messages
- Graphic Analytics & Reporting
- Media Recorder Integration
- Connecting Outcomes
- Automated Tasks
- Notification Preferences
- Easy-to-use Interface
- iOS & Android Application
- User Navigation Customization
- Downloading & Uploading Files
- Grade Assignments
- Customizing & Awarding Badges
- Real-time Chatting
- Calendar Integration
- Workspaces Collaboration
- Core & State Standards
- Course Creation
- Dashboard & Activity Stream
- Groups Creation
- Wiki Pages Creation
- Previewing Tools
- Students Profile
- Rich Content Editor
- RSS Supported
- Student Viewing
- Role-based Permissions
- Web Conferencing